Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium New smuggling skill, inspired by the 'pick' command
This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 4 months ago by Krith.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Krith Participant
      November 24, 2012 at 4:01 pm #20254

Quite a while ago, I happened across an outdated command, “pick”, which was apparently used for picking locks on doors. But, being how every door in the game is coded with a keypad, they have to be opened with doorcut, short, or one of the less illegal methods.

My suggestion is that a new mid-high level smuggling skill is added, “hotwire” (name is off the top of my head), inspired by Han Solo’s performance on Endor:

It would allow the smuggler to use less-than-graceful methods to open locked doors, by removing the faceplate of a keypad to tamper with/blast the inner workings, resulting in an opened door.

• Zakattack Participant
      November 25, 2012 at 12:08 am #20257

So you want a short equivalant for smuggling?

• Krith Participant
      November 25, 2012 at 10:50 am #20258

In a sense, yes. It always seemed strange to me that one of the only classes that doesn’t get some way to open a locked door is also one of the classes that could make the most use of it.

Combat gets blastdoor, Hunters get doorbash, Slicers get short, Espy gets doorcut, but for some reason Smugglers are left out of the fun.

• Zakattack Participant
      November 25, 2012 at 1:27 pm #20259

I support it. I think it’ll be nice if short is included in the secure skill, but pick bypasses it anyway, because it’s more of a mechanical thing, not a computer lock.

• Miros Keymaster
      November 26, 2012 at 7:52 am #20281

like in rotj, can it have a chance to lock the door even more if youfail? 😉

• Krith Participant
      November 29, 2012 at 11:05 am #20325

lol, I don’t see why not. It could be that the first attempt has a chance of locking it even more, and any additional attemps (which would be like shooting it) echo in nearby rooms.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.