Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium New LOTJ concept: weekly OOC "town halls" about the state of the mud
This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 2 months ago by Walldo.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Walldo Keymaster
      January 22, 2015 at 2:46 am #24570

I have been talking about this on immchat with one of my favorite players. How does this idea sound?

We hold regular “lotj town hall meetings.” We have a specific topic we need to address. Be it slice/secure levels, too much metagaming, planning for next timeline, whatever. Imms throw a few topics out there and serve as moderators. Then we compile highlights from the OOC discussion and post them into a forum thread for more discussion

We make an announcement or whatever. “We will hold an LOTJ town hall meeting about at 7pm EST, Monday, Jan. 26″

There will have to be some involved imm moderation of OOC to make sure we stay on topic and we don’t breach too much IC/OOC but I think we can make it work.

• Cronlan Participant
      January 22, 2015 at 3:11 am #24572

I think it’s a great idea. As said on OOC channel already..

Maybe hold 2 in one day for the various time zone groups?

• Kirash Participant
      January 22, 2015 at 8:11 am #24573

There always needs to be some kind of forum where player and Imm concerns can be addressed by both sides. Immchat is usually enough for most problems like metagaming. However, there are some things that require more of a discussion. The only problem I can see is that in situations like this, both in game and in real life, there will always be that one person who will attempt to dominate the conversation and steer it in a way that is beneficial to them. Other than that, so long as it can be kept on topic, I’m all for airing out what needs to be said.

• Telestrial Participant
      January 23, 2015 at 2:24 am #24585

Yes. Absolutely. Let’s dooo it.

• Walldo Keymaster
      January 24, 2015 at 7:30 pm #24588

What sort of topics would you like to see discussed at the first meeting?

• Kirash Participant
      January 25, 2015 at 2:29 am #24589

The state of LotJ and future plans for code/building/general improvements.

• Walldo Keymaster
      January 25, 2015 at 4:01 am #24590

We are definitely going to try and figure out how these town halls should go. We’ve been talking about it a bit on OOC. I think we should steer clear of minutiae code changes and ideas – these should focus on more LOTJ big picture concepts. Definitely more “state of the mud” questions and ideas players want to know about.

We talked a bit on OOC tonight and here are a few newbie topics we came up with –

*We’ve been having a good flow of new players lately. How do we make sure we keep them interested in the game?

*One specifically for newer players: How can we improve our newbie academy?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.