Legends of the Jedi Forums Share Yo’ Scripts MUSHclient Auto Voter Script
This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 6 months ago by Xavious.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Xavious Participant
      September 9, 2014 at 9:31 pm #24312

I’m guessing a lot of you are as lazy as me, so maybe you will appreciate this. I made a script to vote on TMC daily. Set your username, password, time you want to vote and let it do the rest. We’ll consider this the beta version. If any bugs turn up just let me know. You can pick it up here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzz6sahpiph878j/Lotj_Auto_Vote.xml?dl=0

To install, in your MUSHclient window go to File->Plugins->Add and select the file. Once installed type “vote help”.

For those concerned, this does not violate any TMC voting policies. They just don’t want multiple votes coming from one person. They sum up their voting policy with this:

Cheating to boost stats is not permitted, this includes anything designed to bypass our ‘one person – one vote per mud – per day’ rule.

Full details on that here: http://www.mudconnect.com/rankings_info.html

Enjoy!

• Jamie Participant
      September 14, 2014 at 2:09 pm #24318

Does it have to be Internet Explorer? I’m allergic to using it.

• Xavious Participant
      September 15, 2014 at 11:58 am #24319

Unfortunately, yes, it does have to be Internet Explorer, at least with the method I chose to approach this particular project. I wrote it in VBScript because the scripting language already had the functionality to create an internet explorer object built into it. On top of that, there is an entire framework for manipulating this object. I’ve done a little research and there is no object model for Chrome, that I have discovered yet.

The other aspect to this is the idea that most people who play Lotj, or mud in general, are going to be using a Windows computer. Blowtorch would be the exception to this rule, but it wouldn’t support something like this anyway. So in all likelihood, anyone using MUSHclient to begin with is going to be on a Windows computer and thus have Internet Explorer by default. For the target audience, IE is pretty much the best choice anyway, because pretty much everyone is going to have it already.

Personally I prefer to use Chrome and I’m sure our pbase has a wide variety of tastes and preferences when it comes to the browser they use. The reality of it, though, is that anyone using MUSHclient is going to be on a Windows computer (unless they are a crazy and playing on Linux using wine [I’ve tried it, it sucks]), so they should have IE. So I’m hoping everyone can make the sacrifice of using IE just for the script. I’m not a fan of IE, but I don’t dislike it THAT much.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.