This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 8 months ago by Logan.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Moh Participant
      August 17, 2014 at 12:02 am #24278

This is an idea I’ve had for a while now and decided to finally post it to see what you all think. A lot of people on the MUD roll multiple characters to “farm” points for their account. Then, there are those of you who don’t and get heavily involved in roleplaying a character for eras at a time or even an entire timeline. What if there was a reward for the heavily RP’d characters/races? What if the staff picks and votes on the best RP’d character for a specific race and add that character to HELP <RACE> for the community to view under the help file? I think it would not only motivate people to increase their caliber of roleplay but also give a good example to the rest of the LOTJ community of a character they may have interacted with that was deemed worthy enough to be added. Just imagine, help noghri could one day have your LOTJ character listed as a famous character for all to remember and take notes from. Thoughts?

• Kirash Participant
      August 17, 2014 at 7:19 pm #24279

The current system for rewarding good RP would suffice if it was actually used. Besides, in reference to your idea, I understand where you are coming from, there would be no benefit to a new player who wanted to maybe look up certain Mirialan for reference on Wookieepedia and not find Jordi Dolo there. Understand the gist of what I’m saying? It sounded better in my head.

• Zeromus Participant
      August 17, 2014 at 11:19 pm #24280

How would this be a good frame of reference for anyone but people who were around for those characters?

• Kirash Participant
      August 17, 2014 at 11:41 pm #24281

Thank you, Zeromus. That was the point I was trying to get across, but my sick-addled brain couldn’t put it to words.

• cerebrus Member
      August 18, 2014 at 6:58 pm #24282

That sounds like a really rewarding outcome for good play. As a new player I have found there is not a lot a information on some of the more alien races outside some of the starwars books. Having a well RP’d example of those races and how they would normally act would assist someone in my situation

• Logan Participant
      August 20, 2014 at 8:01 am #24283

Its actually quite a simple thing if you layed it out right.

Something akin to an archive addition with just a short autobiography by the character/player as to what and how they played their character and the achievements and pitfalls of his or her lifetime? Its simply bragging rights but its already implemented with just adding them into the help files, help anna and orion for example. If you really wanted to do it indepth, perhaps copying the template from “help <race>” where it gives alot of format entries to play with?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.