Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Protect Account
This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 9 months ago by Logan.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Kirash Participant
      July 20, 2014 at 12:26 am #24226

So I was thinking that protect_account should be something more akin to, say, buying car insurance. Something that you really need to have, but hope to never have to use. On that same token, it should also have a “renewal time.” I never liked the fact that protect_account never goes away since there is no way to circumvent it. Hence, I propose that protect_account should have a set time where it needs to be renewed. Nothing as short as player buffs, and definitely nothing as ridiculously long as obscure.

• CaptainJordan Member
      July 20, 2014 at 1:33 pm #24229

I like this. Maybe 2 weeks of real world time, or something similar?

• Logan Participant
      July 21, 2014 at 3:33 am #24230

I much prefered the old method where it only protected from the first hack and then the account was open to access’. Keeping with that theme and the new mechanics of slice and secure, perhaps change the hack skill to also have something like encrypt_files mechanics? I like the renewal timer idea, but as with the original code and now, there should be a variiable to display if an account is secure or not when you “bank list”. 2-3 weeks should prove sufficent for even the least active player to ensure their hard earned is safe.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.