Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Clan Command Metagaming Pt 2
This topic has 53 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 11 months ago by Paco.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
    • Zeromus Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 11:00 am #23237

We already got member counts obscured, which is fantastic. I have also noticed “CHECK INDUCTLOG DID HE RESIGN” when someone goes missing. I think we could reduce some level of metagaming and make sudden disappearances more mysterious by removing resignations from inductlog but keeping inducts/outcasts on there.

I personally don’t want to immediately know if someone is dead or resigned, I think someone leaving a clan should be investigated as a roleplay opportunity instead of having that opportunity immediately cut off by my magic datapad “are they dead” command.

• veric Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 11:18 am #23240

perhaps an option to ‘resign’ and ‘resign quietly’ should be implemented. that way formal/approved resignations are not questioned as they would be on record and those who resign for other reasons(fake death,just want to disappear, etc) their RP reasons can still be maintained.

• Kirash Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 12:12 pm #23242

Formal resignations can still be handled via outcast. Also, I mentioned this last timeline to the staff: Spec Master Datanet jumps roster to a split second check while inductlog and banklog remain the same. This seems like a bug to me. I don’t think it was

• Kirash Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 12:13 pm #23243

(Stupid phone. Sorry.) I don’t think it was meant to do that.

• Baxtalo Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 12:15 pm #23244

I like the idea of resign quietly.

• Corey Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 12:38 pm #23246

I somewhat like the idea, though I like the reasons to do the idea more than the idea itself. If that made any sense. There’s a lot of things that could be tossed in with this also. Inactives being one.

• Flek Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 12:44 pm #23250

Kirash I showed the staff this directly. I had imms snoop me while I did it. The imm who saw it said they would see if its intentional or not but I have not heard anything back. I feel guilty when I use it still. As for resign yeah I agree.

• Seryb Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 3:13 pm #23267

I like resign not being seen.

• Paco Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 3:28 pm #23269

/agree with all of it.

• Zhelir Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 3:35 pm #23272

I’d be all in favor of this.

• KoolAidMan Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 5:19 pm #23291

I do not feel the least bit guilty about instant roster, sorry. Even less so, if resign is removed from the inductlog and clan #s are obscured.

• cnemus Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 5:40 pm #23295

There are already limited ways to investigate deaths or disappearances. As this is one of the few ways to tell if your clan’s members are dead or just left I would feel very disappointed if it was removed. If some other method of investigating a persons status, making it possible to lookup a name without them being present to see if they are alive for example, then I would be more okay with this.

• Kebron Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 5:47 pm #23296

I like the idea but I do have a single reservation about it, what about those people that join clans for training then deuce out the moment they get that perfect set of armor +science+piloting+flurry lessons? You’ve now invested the equivalent of three to five million credits of training and equipment into someone who then just secretly drops off of your roster never to be seen again. If they are smart about it they will not clan_greet at all leaving only one or two people in the entire clan with their dub so for all effective purpose so long as they wait 2-3 weeks before speaking on comm zero so people lose their memorycheck they get away with it scott free. Even worse if they are a smuggler/slicer/espionage class or are smart enough to get covering armor and start going by another name they can remain covert long enough to fake their own deaths. It really would only take a RL month tops before everyone forgot about you and you just got away with essentially mugging a clan.

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 6:11 pm #23300

there’s an easy way to fix that, kebron. clans need to stop giving out armor+science+piloting+flurry to people who haven’t proven themselves loyal to the clan. If they like giving that sort of thing out and having people take advantage of them, so be it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.