This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 8 months ago by illyduss.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • ashamor Participant
      August 1, 2015 at 4:12 pm #26726

So, I was listening to people on OOC the other night talk about there needing to be more motivation to take certain classes as mains, when you can get 150 in it via a different main. I know this only applies with certain races, but it got me thinking. What is there was a Capstone Feat for each main? One that was solely dependent on main class, not level in said class. Of course you would require that the character be level 100+ in some class. I’d suggest that each one be a quest that can only be gotten/completed by a character of that class main.

Here are some of my ideas on what they could be-

Combat – +1 attack/round

Piloting – All actions use 5% less fuel

Engineering – All engineering skills take 20% less time

Bounty Hunting – First attack in a combat does extra damage, has a cooldown timer

Smuggling – Chance that attacks against the smuggler fail when said smuggler is hiding

Diplomacy – Diplo skills are extra effective (maybe work faster?)

Leadership – Pick a secondary leadership focus, get +10 levels to that class. Maybe be able to double down on focus for more xp to followers and another +10 levels?

Espionage – Autohide after moving when tailing

Slicer – +1 encryption/decryption level

Medical – Medical skills have better effect (kind of lost on this one)

Science – Skills count as adept at 97% (also lost on this one. Ideas?)

Anyways, that’s my two cents.

• Domovoi Participant
      August 1, 2015 at 4:19 pm #26727

I like this idea as long as there is a separate feat slot for the capstone feat.

And perhaps the science capstone feat can be a bonus to development. I’d roll a science main if it meant I got bonuses to development. As it is, I only rolled an engineer because I knew the race got 150 in science too.

• ashamor Participant
      August 1, 2015 at 4:24 pm #26728

Yeah, my thought was that it’d be separate from the current feat system, though probably use some of the resources from it.

• Zeromus Participant
      August 1, 2015 at 4:24 pm #26729

Why would an extra feat slot be necessary for these?

• ashamor Participant
      August 1, 2015 at 4:33 pm #26730

Not an extra feat slot. These would be separate from the feats system.

• ashamor Participant
      August 1, 2015 at 4:59 pm #26732

Yes. Not feats. Capstones.

• ashamor Participant
      August 1, 2015 at 5:03 pm #26733

The point of the idea was for these to be an ability/whatever that you could only get for a class when that class is your main, and your max level in that class would be irrelevant. So a Dashade Engineering main could still get the capstone if they did the quest.

• Baxtalo Participant
      August 2, 2015 at 11:00 am #26735

That sounds like a seriously awesome idea. Maybe the capstone for medical could be improved surgery bonus? +1 to the points added if installed by a medical main who has their capstone?

Diplo skills doing 2x/3x the output when done by a diplo main would be swell. Maybe it would bump propaganda to an actually useful skill.

I like the idea for the espionage tail, but since coming out of hide removes your sneak if you have it… You’ll just expose yourself quicker, won’t you?

• illyduss Participant
      August 5, 2015 at 7:21 pm #26747

Diplomacy should be double the rebel rate. The time it takes to do those things isn’t long at all, but the time vs. rebel rate is the real pain.

On medical how about multiplicity which allows the medic to make more than one clone of a subject that they can then use in groups and therefor make a clone army? or you could just make it self surgery.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.